This Page

has been moved to new address

Vintage teenage hair inspiration

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Oranges and Apples: Vintage teenage hair inspiration

This Page

has been moved to new address

Vintage teenage hair inspiration

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Oranges and Apples: Vintage teenage hair inspiration

Monday, 25 January 2010

Vintage teenage hair inspiration

I love these amazing photos of teenage hair cuts from the 1960s, 70s and 80s. The first picture in particular gives me serious hair envy! It's so true when you're a teenager and you don't have much money for clothes, your hair is a major way of making yourself stand out and showing belonging to groups. I pretty much dyed my hair continuously from age 13 onwards, and only went back to natural hair a couple of years ago. I had all sorts of weird colours, blue and green being the most unusual ones. But I never looked anywhere near as cool as the people in these photos!

Photos via the guardian

1960s teenage hairdo

1970s blonde afro

Teddy boy

New Romantics

Mods

1970s teenage skinheads

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Raquelita said...

So fun! I have had many different hairstyles and colors, but none like these.

25 January 2010 at 17:52  
Anonymous Steph - Eternal Masquerade said...

This is so cool! I love the rockabilly hair

25 January 2010 at 18:08  
Blogger Darla: Retro Ways said...

Great photos I love them all!

25 January 2010 at 19:11  
Blogger MrJeffery said...

awesome post! love ur blog layout too.

25 January 2010 at 20:29  
Blogger PLURIBALL said...

this is awesome! I was just finishing today to see "walk the line" and I've spent the afternoon thinking about those hairstyles from the 50s and 60s so perfect and nice! thanks for sharing!

26 January 2010 at 00:55  
Anonymous Retro Chick said...

Oh fabulous!

I did many a crazy thing with my hair as a teenager. I still dye it loads actually. I have no idea what my natural colour is!

26 January 2010 at 10:31  
Blogger Birdie! said...

Fun! Great photos. I adore vintage hair...

28 January 2010 at 18:42  
Anonymous Cafe Fashionista said...

I know it's weird, but I kind of love the hair (and the outfit!) in the second picture!! :)

2 February 2010 at 01:08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home